[Disclaimer – All nutritional panels are an educated estimate based on information I could find at the time. They should not be used as exact representations but as close guidelines]
I love almonds, you love almonds…. everybody loves almonds!…. well, they should anyway.
20g unsalted butter
2tbs olive oil
500g, blanched almonds (it’s about 2 cups, walnuts and macadamias also work amazingly)
2tsp sea salt flakes
1 tsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
pinch of fresh cracked pepper
- Mix all the spices together
- Melt the butter and saute the almonds (or any nut) in a thick based pot or frying pan over medium heat until lightly golden, this should take around 5-6 min
- Drain any excess oil before adding the spice mix, then return to the heat.
- Continue to saute making sure that you are stirring often, do this for about 2-3 min, until the spices have cooked onto the almonds
- Lay on a tray to cool, can be served warm or cold
Thick bottom pots and pans – also called double based, are fantastic for both long and delicate cooking as they heat a little slower but retain heat longer and it disperses evenly throughout the pot or pan, so you don’t get those frequent hot spots.